Friday 15 October 2010

Watchfulness

Have you even thought about watching yourself? It is all about observing and getting yourself involved in the right thinking.

I first learned about watchfulness when I lived in the west of Ireland. One of my greatest mentors in life was a priest called Fr. Jimmey O’Connell who taught me the gift of observing and being silent to your own presence.

I encourage you to spend one day…
  • Watching your thoughts.
  • Watching and being awake to what you do in the world.
  • Watch what and who you are listening to.
  • Watch who you spend time with in the day.
  • Watch what you read.
Then sit and write what you have learned about yourself.

Too often in life when we are not watching, our mind becomes wide open to suggestions from outside sources. Only get involved with the right thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment