Tuesday 13 November 2012

Leaders Understand That They Become Who They Have Coffee With


Has 2012 been your best year yet?  If not, why not?

Where along the way did you get distracted?
 
Who has been in your company in 2012?
 
Have these people and acquaintances lifted you up or pushed your dreams down?

Many people who know me know that I am passionate about the people who are around me and in my company.  I learned that valuable lesson as far back as 2003 when I first met Jack Canfield in Arizona.  Jack asked me, who were the five people around me on a 24 / 48 hour basis?  He also asked how positive were they in my life?

I realised in that moment that:

  • You become who you have coffee with.

  • You become your influences.

  • You become the books you read.

  • You become who you have conversations with.

Are you around great thinkers?

Be careful, you will also become who and what you listen to...

And most of all be discerning about who you have coffee with.

It’s better to be in your own quiet company than negative company.




 To book Molly for a Keynote Speech, Seminar or Master Class
call +44 (0)151 632 5888

1 comment:

  1. 100% agree Molly, and have heard this from so many authors, speakers, etc.
    I've also heard that your financial worth will be the average of the 5 people you spend most time with. My question is: when you're not in the wealthiest of financial positions, how can you spend time with those who are, since they in turn will be in the company of the 5 people who are - if that makes sense? How do you break through and be in the company of the people whose positions you aspire to?

    ReplyDelete